There may come a time when someone in your family needs to visit an emergency dental clinic in Tacoma; when that time comes, consider Universal Dental Care for affordable emergency dental in Tacoma. You shouldn’t have to pay twice what a routine visit to the dentist costs simply because you’re experiencing an urgent situation- we welcome your walk-in visit, and we will do everything we can to make room for you in our schedule if you’re in pain or need immediate care.
What is a Dental Emergency?
While some dentists believe patients should wait until a scheduled appointment to see their dentist, others feel that patients should have access to dental care at all hours of the day and night. We’ll take a closer look at the issue at hand and determine what constitutes a visit to your Tacoma urgent care dentist:
- Legitimate dental emergencies do not always cause discomfort, so pain is not a good indicator of whether you should call your dentist. If you are in pain, however, you should call Universal Dental Care immediately.
- Broken or loose dental restorations require urgent care; this includes a lost filling, broken dentures or partials, loose crowns, etc.
- Dental injuries need immediate attention. If you’ve been in an automobile accident and have suffered broken teeth or bite down on something hard and crack or chip a tooth, we want to see you in our office right away.
- Soft tissue lacerations or injuries often stop bleeding on their own, but we want to examine the extent of damage if you have an injury to your inner mouth.
- A knocked-out tooth requires emergency dental care. Place the tooth in a small cup of milk or hold the tooth between your cheek and gums while you make your way to our clinic. Time is a factor if you want to save the tooth.
Same-Day Dental Services at Universal Dental Care
If you’ve called another dentist who advised you to wait until normal business hours, pick up the phone and call our office immediately for emergency dental in Tacoma. If you’re in pain or feel as though you need to see our dentist, we welcome you to come in. Many dentists are afraid to make accommodations for dental emergencies because they fear their patients will demand access to dental care when they don’t really need it. At Universal Dental Care, we prefer to err on the side of caution so that patients receive the best possible care.
Why Choose Us For Emergency Dental in Tacoma?
We can keep you comfortable with pain-relieving medication and sedation if you’re in severe pain- and we can write a prescription for antibiotics or low-grade pain meds if you need them. We welcome new patients to our clinic, so now is a great time to switch to Universal Dental Care for your family’s healthy smiles. Book your first dental appointment with our staff when it’s time for a checkup & cleaning or see us for emergency dental at an affordable cost.